Saturday 21 March 2009

A frost first thing soon cleared to reveal another warm and sunny day.During the morning I walked from the car-park at Brooklands,past Abbey Mead,along the river path over the rail through the east and west scrub and back along the mill stream path.Not much had changed since the last few visits other than the fact that Chiffs had increased to 6 singing birds,4 Lesser Redpolls were located in the car-park Willows and a female Reed Bunting was found in the reeds by the Hawthorns along the river.I met Steve along the mill stream path (its nice to see him about again) he had found a small flock of siskins and was now off to try and photograph the Water voles.

I then popped into the market area in Snodland to look for the Blackcap but it appears to have have moved on..

When I got home I walked into the garden and immediately heard and saw two Med Gulls flying over with a small flock of B H Gulls towards Paddlesworth.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't quite get as far as the Water Voles but looking at your picture I should have. Nice to hear about the Meds. I will try and scan the flock of gulls that feeds in the fields around Paddlesworth today if I can.

    ReplyDelete