Tuesday 28 April 2009

Mist first thing cleared by 9.00 am,then sunny and warm until the early afternoon when cloud and rain swept in.My morning was spent mainly counting and photographing the Nightingales.I found 4 singing over the east side of the railway line (1 on the edge of the sunken marsh) with 3 around the banks of Abbey Mead and in the Country Park I found 14 singing birds.

A Sedge Warbler was singing in the (sw corner) of Brookland lake and 4 Swallows were seen over Abbey Mead lake.Still no Turtle Doves,a Cuckoo was in the sunken marsh area.

I had a quick look in at Alders lake at 1630,to see if any Terns were about,I didn`t see any Terns but I did see my first Swifts (two) of the spring.Also one Nightingale was singing on the north bank of the (Little Lunsford lake) making 19 for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment