Wednesday 16 December 2009

On the 15th seeing as it was nice and still,I went to see if I could connect with the Bittern on the Streamside lake (1500-1630).Shortly after I arrived a Chiffchaff was seen working its way along the edge of some reeds and the Kingfisher flew across the lake to the far bank.Then not much else of note was seen until two Water Rails started to squeal and then appeared before shortly departing back into the reeds at about 1615.I waited for another ten minutes,by which time it was almost dark and was just about to go when the Bittern flew up from the reeds,flew a short distance and then dropped back down again.Not a very satisfactory view but at least I connected at long last (five visits since November.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the bittern Alan, I like this corner of streamside lake there's usually something of interest going on. The chiffy and kingfisher were probably the same ones I saw today.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete