Wednesday 16 December 2009

A visit during the morning in the heavy frost of the 16th,produced nothing new.All I noted was a small increase in the numbers of Pochard,good numbers of Teal on the river (at least 50) and I reconnected with the small Lesser Redpoll flock,which were now feeding in the Alders by the Streamside lake.

When I got back to my car Phil Sharp was starting his walk around the lakes,it will be nice to read his Blog and find out what I missed.

Hopefully the snow which has been forecast will bring in some cold weather wildfowl.

During the morning after I had got back from my walk a pair of Great Tits were seen in my Garden.This is the first sighting in the garden since a pair had a nest in one of our boxes during the summer.This species along with Greenfinch and Song Thrush are all now very scarce visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment