Friday 22 January 2010

My intention this afternoon was to go and have a look at Halling Common,but as I neared Halling I had a change of heart and thought I would go further afield,mind you not that far just up the road to the pools under the motorway bridge at Cuxton.I have often looked down at the pools as I passed in the car and thought they looked interesting and I know on this part of the river you can still sometimes see Dunlin.I approached the pools and river via the roundabout just before you go down into Strood.The pools didn`t disappoint for a first visit birds noted - 15 Teal,8 Mallard,60+B h Gulls,1 Common Gull,1 L B Gull,100 Lapwing,2 Snipe,20 Redshank,I Little Egret and best of all 1 Greenshank.Along the river more Lapwing were present along with 30+ more Redshank,I Oystercatcher and 3 Black-tailed Godwit.The Godwit and Greenshank are probably the same birds that were seen at Halling a few weeks ago,I saw no Dunlin.

2 comments:

  1. They do look good those pools. If I take the kids to the cinema I always park with view of them in the car park. Have seen various waders/little egret and always fancy the area for a Barn Owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,yes I would agree,the river from there looks good as well.

    ReplyDelete