Friday 7 May 2010

Brighter today but still that northerly wind.12.30-2.pm.I walked from Brooklands out to the river,round the sunken marsh,through the hawthorns and then back again.Birds noted - Shelduck 2,G B b Gull 1,Reed Bunting 2,Reed Warbler 10,Lesser Whitethroat 3, Common Whitethroat 2,Chiffchaff 3,Sedge Warbler 1,Cetti`s Warbler 4,Bullfinch 4,Sparrowhawk 1,Linnet 1,Nightingale 3 and Cuckoo 1.
I met Phil Sharp who was just finishing his walk.He told me that he had seen a wader along the river that he thought was possibly a Greenshank,but he didn`t feel confident enough to tick it.So I was pleased when I heard a Greenshank call as I walked around the sunken marsh.On my way back I managed some rather distant pics of the bird.So Phil you have another New Hythe tick.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff Alan. I'm really pleased you managed to confirm. I did send you a couple of long distance pics but no need now.Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan.
    Nice photo of the Cuckoo ibn flight. Not something you see very often.
    Well done with the Greenshank too.

    ReplyDelete