Wednesday 1 September 2010

Clear and bright.I had a very quick look at Halling Common between 10:30am-11:30am.Birds of note that I saw were - Whincchat (1) Wheatear (1) Lesser Whitethroat (1) Common Whitethroat (3) Blackcap (1) Chiffchaff (1) Reed Warbler (1) and Little Egret (1).

Clear,very light east.
I was up at Leysdown (Coastal Park) by 5:30am this morning in the hope that the easterly wind had brought in some migrants.I only managed to put up just two nets any more would have been asking for trouble now that many more dog walkers are using the area.In the old days I sometimes put up as many as eight without any trouble.Was there a fall No...all that I caught was one Blue tit.Birds that I saw in the park included just - Common Whitethroat (2) Lesser Whitethroat (1) Blue Tit (10) Linnet (12) Blackbird (1) Blackcap (1) and Robin (1).On the sea Sandwich Terns were much in evidence early on and later during the morning a Marsh Harrier was seen over the fields looking out towards Capel fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment