Wednesday 6 April 2011

A much better day than yesterday,bright and warm,SW.
My walk this morning took me out to the river passing Brookland,round the sunken marsh,past Abbey Meads,over the railway,through the east scrub and back down the millstream path 8.30-10.
Birds that I noted were 4 Shelduck,4 Gadwall,2 Teal,6 Mallard,2 Heron,1 Green Sandpiper and 1 LR PLOVER along the river,2 Common Terns in the Brookland/Abbey Meads area,4 Bullfinch in the hawthorns along the river,a calling Water Rail in the sunken marsh and totals of 9 Blackcap,5 Chiffchaff and 3 Willow Warblers.
I heard snatches of song from three Nightingales,one of the Abbey Mead birds,the east scrub (pylon)bird and a fifth,which was along the stream just past the northern end of the streamside lake.No hirundines were seen.
My thanks to Alan Roman who put me onto the Terns.

When I got home I sat in the garden for a while and watched the sky,hoping something good would fly over,but it never did.In the end I resorted to taken pics of the Collared Doves.

No comments:

Post a Comment