Saturday 30 July 2011

After reading the KOS forum last night (Friday) about a CATTLE EGRET being found at Halling marsh by Ian Shepherd (who else) I thought I had better get down there nice and early this morning before it decides to depart.I think Ken of Halling must have had the same idea as I met him soon after I had arrived on the marsh at 6.am.The bird was easily found feeding amongst the cattle in the northern field.However it proved to be very wary,even by walking along the river wall at some distance it would take flight,fly around a bit and then drop down again further away.After a while though we both managed to take photo`s of sorts (hope yours are better than mine Ken) a GREAT patch tick,thanks Ian.

Other birds I saw were (3) Little Egrets (6) Linnet (1) Green Woodpecker (2) Common Sandpipers and (1) Turtle Dove.

During the afternoon I looked at the river further along at Holborough where I saw (6) Common Sandpiper and the Whooper Swan,which was swimming down the river towards Halling.

No comments:

Post a Comment