Friday 11 November 2011

November 11th (New Hythe)

I had a quick look at the river again this morning in the continuing gloomy conditions and noted (40) Teal (70) Mallard (6) Cormorant (1) Redshank (3) Grey Herons and a flyover flock of (20) Stock Doves.
Fieldfare,Redwings and Blackbirds were again very obvious in the hawthorns around the Sunken marsh and it was whilst I was watching these that a single Goldcrest flew over my head and a Chiffchaff was heard calling.
Later on in the morning I had a look at the Streamside lake to see if the Bittern was showing that Phil had seen there a few days ago.Although I had no luck with the Bittern,I saw a Green Sandpiper fly up from one of the small islands.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan.
    Bad luck with no seeing the Bittern, all though there is still time, but you did see plenty of other nice birds.

    ReplyDelete