Sunday 28 October 2012

A better day than the forecast had suggested,it didn`t rain,although it remained cold.

During the morning I walked around the lakes and had a look at the river.Many Redwings,with smaller numbers of Fieldfare were feeding on the Hawthorn crop in the area of  the Sunken marsh,Blackbirds were very noticeable in this area also.A Water Rail called  from within the marsh and feeding on Willowherb along the edge were four Lesser Redpolls,I also saw two Goldcrests and one Kestral.

Along the river which was almost high was a handful of Teal and two Redshank.On Abbey Mead the Wigeon were still present ( 1 drake and 3 duck),but there was no sign of the Goldeneye seen earlier there during the week,although new in were ten Pochard.

Before I went home I called in at Leybourne.I wanted to see if the Goldeneye had turned up there (Trout lake),but it hadn`t.However on the main lake (Alders),I had a good count of seventy Pochard.

No comments:

Post a Comment