Thursday 25 July 2013

July 25th (New Hythe)

I had a walk along the track between Abbey Mead lake and the river this morning and I saw that Medway Valley Fisheries are now making inroads along the eastern bank of the lake,which is not good news for wintering wildfowl.I thought,seeing as its an SSSI,along with Abbey Mead meadow (Sunken Marsh),which I helped to create,along with a few others back in the 1980s,that at the very least the eastern bank would be left alone,so much for it being an SSSI !.We now have the prospect of cars being driven all the way around the lake.

Before anyone jumps in with why don`t you complain,I did all my wildlife campaigning in the area back in the 80s and 90s.

I did see one Common Tern flying over Brookland,as for Abbey Mead,I didn`t see one bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment