Thursday 28 August 2014

August 27th (Sandwich Bay)

(0500 - 1400)  Cloudy to start,clearing,moderate E.

This morning the further I travelled down the M2 towards Sandwich,the stronger the wind became.So when I walked into the ringing room,I was not surprised when I was told that the planned ringing session in the Maize field was cancelled
All was not lost however,as there are places at the Bay.Such as in the White House bushes where nets can be set out of the wind.Although it was still rather frustrating throughout the morning to see good numbers of House Martin and Swallows passing through and not be able to set the nets high enough to catch them.

I believe we managed a ringing total of around 30+.Nothing unusual was trapped,just the usual resident birds and small numbers of summer visitors,such as Common Whitethroat,Blackcap,Willow Warbler,Chiffchaff and Reed Warbler,just one Swallow was caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment