Tuesday 4 August 2020

August 4th (BITS AND PIECES)

Ringing in West scrub (2X40) (06:00 - 09:00)  June 30th,July 20th,July 24th and August 4th.

Willow Warblers continue their decline (none trapped) only seen in the spring on passage.

BIRDS RINGED

Nightingale                    17 + 2 re traps

Blackcap                        25 + 2 re traps

                      

Chiffchaff                      3

Great Tit                        3

Wren                              3

Reed Warbler                 9

Common Whitethroat    2

Song Thrush                   1

Dunnock                         2
                     
Treecreeper                     1 

Bullfinch                         1 

TOTAL                            67







3 comments:

  1. I'm afraid the decline seems to be general. In my part of Sussex many common species seem to have vanished. I think that is due to polution. Stay safe. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I agree,I have also noticed a small decline in chiffs over the past few years.Lets hope they don`t go the same way as their near relative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,I agree,I have also noticed a small decline in chiffs over the past few years.Lets hope they don`t go the same way as their near relative.

    ReplyDelete