Thursday 7 January 2021

January 7th and 9th





It was nice to walk around this morning,without the threat of rain.I was hoping to find, perhaps a Goldeneye or Goosander,Seeing as over the past few weeks,they have been seen on lakes further west in the County.I failed at Brooklands,which did have a good number of Tufted,circa 100 and at Abbey Meads,which unusually held less water fowl today.The highlight being just six Pochard,although on Sunday ten Wigeon were present,but they rarely stay long these days.My luck changed however,when I bumped into Glenn Honey.Who told me,that earlier in the morning,he had seen a redhead Goosander on Alders lake Leybourne.Thanks,Glenn.

On my way back to the car-park.I saw a mixed flock of Goldfinches and Siskin feeding in Alders along the mill stream,




3 comments:

  1. Hi Alan,
    I wish I had some of your wildlife in my area, All my ponds are devoid of creatures of any sort. One lives in hope. Stay safe.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, hopefully by late spring we can all travel a bit further afield.Keep safe,Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Alan.
    Sorry that I Haven't looked in earlier. Well done with the redhead Goosander. I hope your able to see some more good birds while out walking.

    ReplyDelete