Saturday 1 January 2022

January 1st (New Hythe)

Bright and mild (09:00 - 12:00)

The male Scaup still being present on the Streamside lake was a great kick start to 2022.As for Goosander,another bird was seen on Abbey Mead,At the same time I was watching the Streamside bird.

My total for the morning was 42.It was nice to finally catch up with Redpoll.I saw 3 birds feeding in the Allders along the northern end of Brookland lake.Where I also saw singles of Blackcap (male) and Chiffchaff.A Kingfisher,2 Grey Wagtails and more chiffchaffs 2,were seen along the Mill Stream.














I heard reports of 3 Siskins and singles of Linnet and Redwing being seen by others.



From the Bucket Wood,a Common Seal was seen eating a large Mullet.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Alan. Better late than never 😁. Looks like you got off to a good start, with some excellent birds especially the Scaup. I understand today that it is on Lakeside. Is there a map of the lakes that can be downloaded with their names?
    Anyway I hope your birding list is doing well. All the best to you and Carol. 🦅🦆

    ReplyDelete