Friday 4 August 2023

August 4th (New Hythe)

 I was ringing this morning ( 06:30  08:30) 1 X 40 West scrub and 1 X 40 East scrub.

BIRDS RINGED

Blackcap  1 3jp

Blackbird  1 ad F

Song Thrush  1 ad M

Reed Warbler  1 3jp

Common Whitethroat  1 3jp

Nightingale  1 (3)

Sedge Warbler  2 (3) one was already building up fat reserves with a score of (3)

Sedge Warblers still pass through the lakes during the spring and autumn but rarely breed now.These two are the first in the nets since 2018.

Two Egyptian Geese were seen on the Road Island lake.






2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are keeping busy Alan. Its nice to know what's going on around the country. For me to know what's going on away from my foxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,I also like to look at local Blogs,keeps me informed,keep well.

    ReplyDelete